If you do not want your personal data collected, please do not submit it to us. When you do provide us with personal data, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise: we may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services; we may use that information to contact you. We do not now and do not intend to sell, rent or market personal data about you to third parties.
The King East neighbourhood is known as a design, commerce, culture and art hub in Toronto. This, coupled with a variety of amazing restaurants and beautiful summer weather in the city, makes King East the perfect neighbourhood for any kind of date.
Here are our seven favourite date spots in the neighbourhood!
1. Looking for a classic romantic dinner date? Share a Lady and the Tramp moment over a plate of Spaghetti Ca’ Pummarola N’Goppa, or sip some negronis at Terroni on Adelaide, a popular spot that will treat you both to a memorable night of Italian goodness.
2. Whether you’re just testing the waters over cocktails or letting things heat up over dinner, these King East patios offer an ideal opportunity to get starry-eyed. For a laid-back environment check out Betty’s, which offers inexpensive pub grub and pints. For a more upscale patio date, head to Mangia & Bevi, an Italian joint with a pretty patio complemented by Instagrammable hanging lights.
3. More often than not, the best times spent with a significant other happen over an amazing brunch, especially if it’s a continuation from the evening before. Clad in comfort wear, you will enjoy Le Petit Dejeuner, a much loved breakfast nook that serves up specialty waffles.
4. Summer ensures the dating bar is set high. Strolling around the Distillery District will without a doubt meet your date’s expectations. The Distillery District provides a stunning backdrop for it’s local restaurants, design stores, cafes and galleries, making it a perfect place to spend an afternoon. Don’t miss the Case Goods Warehouse, home to local artist studios, custom jewelry, crafts and workshops.
5. St Lawrence Market, a Toronto and King East landmark, is the largest indoor market in the city. Visit on a Saturday so that you and your loved one can experience the true liveliness of the market scene. Be sure to grab some amazingly fresh produce from the South Market, and head to the nearby St. James Park for a relaxing and tasty picnic.
6. Dates don’t always have to consist of a romantic dinner or fancy cocktails at a swanky bar. With the season’s weather at its peak, now is the perfect time to head out with someone special and explore what the King East neighbourhood is famous for; its high end designer furniture and art stores. Here you can take an inspiring look at some of the amazing pieces these stores have to offer.
King East’s best include: Spruce, Design Within Reach, Kiosk, STRUCK Contemporary
7. It’s inevitable that summer will call for cocktails. With highbrow drinks and delicious bar snacks, DW Alexander is the perfect spot for some late night drinks. Cocktails like the Aficionado pack a strong punch, while drinks like the Judy Blue Eyes, will surprise your taste buds with Lavendar infused Tequila. The lowly lit bar will surely create the perfect ambience for you and your date.
Images Courtesy of:
The Distillery District